I suggest you ...

Build a multi-modal trip routing web application and phone app, including approx. time and cost of the trip.

Build an web application and phone app that will let people route a trip using any or multiple modes of transportation, including the approximate time to complete the trip, distances by each mode/for the complete trip, and approximate cost for each mode/the complete trip. The routing needs to be mode sensitive, i.e. a suggested route by bicycle should be the most convenient and safe route. The app should also tell you exactly where to catch the bus (i.e. which side of the street the bus stop is located) and which direction and route to walk to get to the bus from your starting point and to your destination when you get off the bus. I believe Tri-Met in Portland, Oregon is working on this sort of routing system, so maybe we could jump-start our effort by contacting them.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Crysttal Atkins shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Forest Frizzell commented  · 

Crysttal, Code for America developed a very similar app to this called ReRoute it. I have the code, I'm just waiting on our real time bus data API to be completed so we can redeploy this app in Honolulu.

• Michael Krijnen commented  · 

Bicycle path you must be joking we have been pushing for bicycle paths for 40 years I don't dare go by bicycle except Kailua or Kahala, and it isn't because of my age . We are spending $7Billion on a rail system that will provide shade and we can't provide a bike trail along the route. Yes then where is it under the H1 Freway or the airport viaduct or to down town from the poorest parts of town.

Feedback and Knowledge Base